Monday, January 21, 2013

Be My Valentine Challenge - Week 1



 I follow a blog called Women Living Well.  Courtney, the author of the blog, is the most encouraging Christian mom who writes about relationships, parenting, Christianity, etc... I have followed her for quite some time now.  I look up to her and I don't even know her!  Occasionally she will post challenges for her readers or devotions.  Her current one is called Be My Valentine Marriage Challenge.  I am writing in response for my own life.  This weeks challenge is to praise my husband.  This is awesome because it's a reminder that no matter what happens in my daily life I need to praise him for the good he does for our family and for his job being a Marine.  Let's be real here.  It's a lot easier for me to point out all the bad characteristics and things I wish were different about my husband. However, if he was my version of the cookie cutter perfect husband, how boring would that be?!  During our little spats, I just wish he would see it my way.  I appreciate our differences! It makes our life interesting.  Silly things like how we wash clothes.  He likes to just throw them all together and call it good.  When we were newlyweds, we lived in a small apartment in Norfolk, VA.  At the apartment we had only coin laundry so we wouldn't do it very often.  One day when I was at work late, he decided that he was going to do our laundry all together which was a super sweet thought, but he didn't separate the whites and colors! Oh no!  When I realized this, I immediately checked all of my clothes.  My favorite white shirt had yellow all over it.  I had a cow was my first reaction but then a little while later I thanked him for his efforts in trying to help but to try better next time.  Poor hubby was all sad because he was just trying to help me out and didn't do it like how I liked.  I think it was around the same time he hung my clothes up but didn't color coordinate them.  That was another big no no from his new wife.  Almost 6 years years later, he has caught on.  I praise him for his efforts though!  He does a lot for this family!  He deals with a lot at work too.  I'm sure the last thing on his mind is how to sort my laundry or how to color coordinate my closet.  All to often I harp on him for doing things differently when I should praise him in the things he does so well!  I challenge you readers to do the same.  Praise more and complain less!  It's a rough thing for me to do as well.  Link up at:


No comments:

Post a Comment