Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Reviving Our Marriage

I have recently gotten into blogging as you probably have noticed.  I am following the Women Living Well and have been for quite some time now.  Courtney is the blog writer and is a very inspirational, Christian, down to earth woman.  Right now, there is a series for the Mondays in September called Revive Your Marriage.  Week 1 is revive your prayers for your marriage.  She says to say a little prayer every time you see your wedding ring.  I think that is a great reminder to pray for my husband.  I get so caught up with what I want and my "needs" that I often forget to pray for Tom.  He has a very stressful job being a marine and being gone more than he is here with us.  A book that is a good outline to go by what to pray for when you are praying for your husband is Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian.  I forget that he needs prayer too, in every aspect of his life!  Some of the list are: his work, his finances, his priorities, his trials, his fatherhood...the list goes on!  I am challenging myself to pray for him before myself.  Sometimes, however, I do pray for him before me.  It's usually because I am so frustrated with him that all I can do is pray because I don't want to say or do something that is not pleasing or honorable to him and God.  Marriage is hard.  Prayer works.  God has the answer and is there for you!  I have learned this time and time again.  I encourage you out there to follow Courtney's blog with me :)


Her blog is http://womenlivingwell.org

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment